Article by Ohio PTAC
SAM and beta.SAM are merging.
- On April 26, 2021, beta.SAM.gov will get a “new look and feel.”
- On May 24, 2021, all of the current capabilities of SAM.gov will be moved to beta.SAM.gov before retiring the website for good.
- Once SAM.gov and beta.SAM.gov have been successfully merged, the new website will be called SAM.gov.
So, what does this mean to you?
- Consider taking a pre-emptive step and do the annual update of your SAM.gov profile, especially if it’s expiring in May. Doing this will help you stay active in SAM in case there is any downtime during the transition.
- After the transition, beta.SAM.gov will be the new SAM.gov, which means that in addition to managing your vendor profile, you will use SAM.gov to find and manage federal contract opportunities and more.
If you would like to keep up to date on changes related to SAM.gov, click here to visit the GSA Integrated Award Environment (IAE) Community page.
As always, your local PTAC counselor is a great resource for any questions, concerns, or assistance you may need to help you through this and other ongoing changes in the government marketplace.